COVID-19 Updates for LeBauer Patients
COVID-19 Testing Guidance
New and existing LeBauer patients can arrange a virtual visit with a LeBauer primary care provider to determine if a COVID-19 test is needed based on their symptoms or exposure. Same-day virtual visits are available. For a same-day visit, call one of our nine primary care locations.
LeBauer HealthCare uses Cone Health testing sites for COVID-19 tests. You may also schedule a testing appointment directly online through Cone Health.
All LeBauer offices, including specialty offices and Behavioral Medicine, are offering virtual visits. The safety of our patients, providers, and staff is always our first priority.
To schedule a visit, or to determine if your needs can best be addressed by a virtual or in-person visit, call your primary care location. For less urgent visits, you may request an appointment online.
Safety for In-Person Visits
Office visits are available for patients without COVID-19 symptoms or exposure. For example, some patients require lab work or screenings such as a blood pressure check, a pap smear, or a strep test. Office visits also allow providers to check for fluid in the ears or lungs or perform other physical exams.
To reduce the risk of any COVID-19 exposure, LeBauer offices have implemented the following measures:
- Safer Waiting – Some offices may have patients wait in the car and then call or text them when staff is ready for them to come inside. We have also rearranged our waiting rooms to accommodate social distancing.
- Masks – All patients, providers, and staff will wear masks. If you do not have a mask, we will give you one.
- Sanitizing – We have implemented enhanced cleaning of exam rooms between every patient. Touchpads, door handles, and other surfaces in the front office are sanitized every hour.
- LeBauer Staff Screening – All LeBauer staff and providers are screened each day they come into work. They answer a series of questions about any possible COVID-19 symptoms and exposure for themselves and those they live with.
- Hand Washing – All nurses and providers sanitize their hands prior to any contact with you and prior to leaving your room.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
LeBauer HealthCare and Cone Health are following North Carolina’s phased rollout of the vaccine that starts with high-risk health care workers and those in long-term care facilities. Learn more about the vaccine distribution plan and vaccine safety.
Resources for Your Physical and Mental Health
- Flu, Colds, and COVID-19: Learn the Differences and When to Seek Care
- 4 Reasons to Continue Visits with Your Primary Care Physicians During the COVID-19 Crisis
- Strategies to Help Manage Stress During Remote Learning with Dr. Jenna Mendelson
- 7 Ways Parents Can Avoid Burnout During COVID-19
- 4 Reasons to Stick to Your Child’s Vaccine Schedule During COVID-19
- Exercise to Lower Your Anxiety