What We Treat
Respiratory illnesses and diseases of the chest cavity are particularly serious because of their impact on the body’s ability to breathe. Many pulmonary diseases are also chronic, necessitating long-term, sometimes acute, care. From allergies to asthma to emphysema and more, LeBauer pulmonologists have the experience necessary to treat these complicated conditions. Breathe easier knowing that LeBauer’s pulmonary physicians and staff are caring for your respiratory health.
- Allergy Medicine – The physicians of LeBauer Pulmonology take time and care to accurately diagnose your allergic condition and fully isolate all of its possible triggers. This results in a precise, simplified and economical treatment program that addresses the complete problem with the lowest level of medication. Key lifestyle issues, such as smoking cessation and immunoglobulin E levels are monitored and addressed during treatment. Physicians are available on a 24/7 basis. Patients are fully educated in regard to their medication and detailed medication calendars are provided to ensure proper and effective treatment.
- Sleep Medicine – Board Certified Sleep Physicians offering consults and Home Sleep Testing for Obstructive Sleep Apnea, Obesity Hypoventilation Syndrome, and other sleep related disorders.
- Asthma – LeBauer Pulmonary is the only resource in this area for life-threatening asthma.
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) – Asthmatic Bronchitis, emphysema
- Lung Cancer – LeBauer Pulmonary has established an interdisciplinary approach for the treatment of lung cancers. Referrals for the diagnosis of lung cancers may be directed to any of the physicians at LeBauer Pulmonary. Learn about our lung cancer screening program below.
- Critical Care Medicine – Adult Respiratory Distress, Severe Septic Shock, Acute Venous Thromboembolic Disease.
- Pneumonia – Acute and Chronic.
- Pulmonary Hypertension – Caused by constriction and scarring in the arteries of the lungs.
- Chronic Cough, Vocal Cord Dysfunction, Gastro-esophageal Reflux Disease
- Other Chronic and Infectious Diseases in Pulmonary Medicine – Sarcoidosis, scarring of lung sacs, Atypical Mycobacterial Disease.
- Complicated Pleural Diseases
- Interstitial Lung Diseases, Idiopathic and Autoimmune Etiology
- Interventional Bronchoscopy and Alternative Ventilation Strategies
- Exercise Physiology – Including Cardio-pulmonary Stress Testing.
Lung Cancer Screening
The Cone Health Lung Cancer Screening Program offers low-dose CT scans to help discover, diagnose and treat lung cancer early, when treatment options are far more effective and potentially curative. This program offers scans to current and former smokers who qualify, and is located within the LeBauer Pulmonary office in Greensboro, with scanning locations in Greensboro, Burlington, High Point, Reidsville and Kernersville. Learn more on the program website.