Is It Safe to See My Doctor Now?
Throughout the Coronavirus pandemic, hundreds of thousands of Americans have attempted to avoid doctor’s offices for fear of catching the virus. Some people postponed their wellness check-ups, many used telemedicine services for simple illnesses, and unfortunately, some even delayed treatment for serious medical conditions. Now that states are reopening you might be wondering, can I see my health care provider safely now? What is my risk of catching COVID-19 if I do need to visit a doctor’s office?
At LeBauer HealthCare, we are pleased to assure you that visiting our offices during this time is very safe. With new office procedures in place, you are highly unlikely to contract the coronavirus while visiting your provider, but the risks of putting off care are many.
What We’re Doing to Protect Your Health and Peace of Mind
- GIVING YOU DISTANCE: Studies have proven that social distancing works, and we have taken numerous measures to ensure you can maintain a 6-foot distance from others in our offices. We have removed a large number of chairs from our waiting areas and are prioritizing efficiency.
- OFFERING ONLINE CARE: We have been offering virtual appointments for both illnesses and wellness visits and will continue to do so. There are many concerns that can be effectively addressed via phone or video conferencing; this further cuts down on the number of people who walk through our doors.
- RESTRICTING VISITORS: Our current no-visitor policy means adults who are able should come to their appointments alone. The exception is children and those who require caregivers.
- MASKS FOR ALL: All staff members are wearing masks, and we have requested that all patients bring a mask to their appointments. If you don’t have a mask, we will provide one. When everyone wears a mask inside, the risk of spread is significantly reduced.
- USING PRE SCREENING: Our pre-screening process ensures that patients planning to come into the office are free from COVID-19 symptoms. We ask screening questions when the appointment is being set up, as well as upon arrival.
- KEEPING CLEAN HANDS: As it always has been, hand hygiene is a top priority inside our practices. Employees wash their hands even more frequently now, and all patients are asked to apply hand sanitizer upon arrival at one of our sanitizing stations.
- SANITIZING FREQUENTLY: We are cleaning our lobbies, exam rooms, and all medical equipment often. You can rest assured that surfaces in our offices are disinfected throughout the day.
- EMPLOYEE HEALTH SURVEYS: LeBauer employees are committed to stopping the spread and each one completes a lengthy screening survey two hours prior to every single shift. This ensures every staff member you come into contact with inside our office is healthy.
We understand that COVID-19 has changed the way you think about almost everything — including healthcare. While trips to the doctor may look a little different, we hope you’ll consider the immense benefits of prioritizing your health, as well as the health of your family in the months to come. Continuing visits with your doctor (or establishing a relationship with a primary care provider) ensures long-term wellness and quality of life.