Don’t Miss Out on Your Annual Wellness Visit: Medicare Patients Get a Personalized Plan from a Health Coach
LeBauer Medicare patients have a chance to get a personalized health wellness and prevention plan from health coaches at all nine LeBauer primary care locations in the Triad. Nurses at each office have been specially trained to provide the Annual Wellness Visit that is fully covered by Medicare each year. How can the Medicare Annual Wellness Visit and a LeBauer health coach help you?
Benefits of the Annual Wellness Visit
The Annual Wellness Visit takes a look at your overall health picture and then creates a plan for any needed screenings, care, or resources that will help you have the best possible health for the next several years. Studies show this type of care can help prevent chronic disease and catch any health problems early, enhance quality of life, and even add to longevity.
The Annual Wellness Visit is not a head-to-toe physical exam, and it differs from the initial Welcome to Medicare Physical you receive when you first start Medicare coverage. It offers an opportunity to develop a personalized prevention plan, review the care you are receiving from other doctors, receive a cognitive function checkup, and more.
After your initial Annual Wellness Visit, you are eligible for a follow-up wellness visit every 12 months. The annual wellness visits are not subject to Medicare Part B deductibles, co-insurance, or copayments, which means that there is no expense to you. If you receive other health care services during your Annual Wellness Visit, for example, if your provider treats an existing condition or one that is identified during the visit, you will have to pay for these services.
What’s Included in the Visit?
If you’ve never had a Medicare Annual Wellness Visit before, the first visit includes the health coach working with you to create a comprehensive prevention plan, and it covers the following:
- Health-risk assessment
- Medical and family history
- A listing of current providers, durable medical equipment (DME) suppliers, and prescription and over-the-counter medications
- Creation of a written 5-10 year screening schedule or checklist that is tailored to individual health status, screening history, and age
- Identification of risk factors and current medical and mental health conditions, along with related current or recommended treatments
- Height, weight, blood pressure, and body mass index
- Screening for cognitive impairment, including diseases such as Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia
- Depression screening
- Review of functional ability and level of safety, including screening for hearing impairments, fall risk assessment, and assessment of the patient’s ability to perform activities of daily living, such as bathing and dressing, and level of safety in the home
- Health coaches may give health advice and referrals to health education, preventive counseling services, or other programs aimed at reducing identified risk factors and promoting wellness. This may include weight loss, physical activity, smoking cessation, fall prevention, and nutrition
Annual Wellness Visits after the first visit may be slightly different and will include updates to the plans made during the first visit.
Health Coaches and Doctors Work as a Team
The nurses who are trained as health coaches for the Medicare Annual Wellness Visit work closely with your doctor or provider to review and coordinate your care. The Annual Wellness Visit creates a valuable blueprint that helps guide the provider as they individualize your care and treatment.
Schedule Your Annual Wellness Visit Today
Let a health coach help you get an individually tailored preventive care plan! If you are a current LeBauer HealthCare patient with Medicare coverage, call your LeBauer primary care office to schedule your Annual Wellness Visit today.
Make an AppointmentRequest an Appointment