Mental Health is Fundamental
The theme for Children’s Mental Health Awareness Week 2015 is Mental Health is Fundamental. The National Federation of Families encourages everyone, everywhere to use the week of May 3rd-9th, 2015 to educate communities about children’s mental health, to combat stigma, and advocate for increased access to effective mental health services and support. Children’s Mental Health Awareness Week is a time to highlight positive mental health practices and social development for all children and youth.
Join the National Federation of Families and LeBauer Behavioral Medicine in sending out the following messages:
• Mental health is essential to overall health and well-being.
• Serious emotional and mental health disorders in children and youth are real and treatable.
• Children and youth with mental health challenges and their families deserve access to support and services that are family driven, youth guided and culturally appropriate.
• Values of acceptance, dignity and social inclusion should be promoted throughout all communities for children, youth and families.
• Family and youth voice is a valued asset in determining appropriate services and interventions.
• End Stigma!
Don’t wait. Take steps today to contact LeBauer Behavioral Medicine for your family to learn more about services that can help.